Are you considering the exciting journey of becoming an ESL teacher in China? China offers numerous opportunities for teachers of all backgrounds and preferences. To help you navigate this path, China Link ESL, founded by Brian and Anita Acton, with over 14 years of experience in the ESL industry, is here to provide you with essential guidelines and things to know as an ESL teacher before you take your first step into the world of teaching English in China.
China Link ESL has successfully brought teachers from all corners of the world to China, with strong recruitment networks in England, Canada, and the United States.
In a country as vast and diverse as China, with its multitude of locations, schools, rich culture, and travel prospects, China Link ESL emphasizes these five crucial points for aspiring ESL teachers:
1. Educational Qualifications: All of our ESL teaching positions require a degree (in any field).
2. Commitment Level: Understand the level of commitment you’re aiming for. Full-time teaching positions require a bachelor’s degree, TEFL certification, native English proficiency, and usually an age range of 24 to 55. Guidelines may vary by city, and teaching internships might also be an option.
3. Salary and Job Types: Explore the connection between job types and salary in the ESL teaching field in China. Public school teachers can earn between 20,000 – 35,000 RMB per month. Private tutoring you can earn 200-350 RMB per hour. Higher education institutions may offer higher salaries but require more stringent qualifications.
4. Choosing the Right Location: China offers a wide array of cities to teach English in, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Xi’an, and Shenzhen. Each place boasts its unique scenery, culture, and cuisine. Thoroughly research each location to find your ideal fit.
5. Goal Setting: Before embarking on your journey, set clear goals and expectations for your teaching experience. Develop an engaging teaching style and create a roadmap to track your progress. Chinese students are enthusiastic learners, and your creativity will play a crucial role in engaging them effectively.
English teachers from everywhere across the globe from Canada to the United States and especially in England have been taking the leap to live abroad and work in a field doing something they love while helping young people.
Teachers describe this life-changing experience as amazing, culturally enriching, and utterly transformational.
The process of teaching abroad has never been more accessible. While some schools require TEFL certification, CELTA, and relevant teaching experience, others welcome candidates without prior teaching experience. China Link ESL simplifies the paperwork process, assists with obtaining a legal work (Z) visa, and helps arrange travel and housing accommodations.
The company is very in touch with the community and the teachers feel like family. This is especially apparent on their Facebook page with numerous photos and videos of happy children and teachers.
Our Facebook Page has fifty (50) public reviews averaging five (5) stars. One teacher left a recent review saying, “Thanks guys! You made my dream come true!! I have been teaching in Zhenjiang now for 4 months and it is the best decision I have ever made. The people are all so lovely here and the students make this job an absolute dream.” We also encourage you to Follow Us on Instagram.
China Link ESL has made a major push in 2018 with a new website and expansion of it’s social media presence to other popular platforms such as Instagram. Their service is always 100% free for job seekers.